Paris - last part of honeymoon

A.J

Hey everyone,

Getting married in July and we are thinking of heading to the South of France, along the Cote D'azur for the honeymoon, also want to go back through Paris and we are looking for some recommendations for a really nice hotel for the last part of the honeymoon, has to be in good spot to see all sites and near enough to good restuarants etc.

I would really appreciate if people could come back with their views and also what you'd recommend on seeing and oing.
Thanks a mil

Paris in July will not be very pleasant especially after the Cote d'Azur. Think sticky and humid.

My favourite area in Paris is the Latin Quarter and for a special occasion there we stay in the Relais St Jacques, about 2 mins from Luxembourg RER station (on line from airport). Notre Dame is about 10 mins walk away as is Rue Mouffetard and the Pantheon. Some nice restaurants in the Latin Quarter too.

Wouldn't get too hung up on staying right beside the sites, the metro is fantastic so there's no need to pay silly money for a hotel on the Champs Elysees when you can be there in minutes by Metro.

Funny that, spent our last days of honeymoon in Paris and last night at top of eiffel tower!

We stayed in a cheap hotel (though absolutely fine) as we had our 5 star stint on another leg of the honeymoon, so am probably not in best position to recommend a brilliant hotel BUT... Hotels in Paris are of varying quality even at same price. Certainly spend time researching. Stayed in the Lourve area and that was fine. As with previous poster though the Metro is great so you don't need to be very central.

Hi AJ

A good hotel that I regularly stay at in Paris is the Napoleon Hotel on Ave de Friedland. Its about 100 feet from the Arc de Triumphe and the Champs Elysees and the Metro is just as close. They quote an Internet rate of €198 per night. I like something more personal that the standard "Eurohotel" and this hotel provide this. Its a good clean hotel with rooms that have some individuality and charm. Breakfast is a rip-off (in all Paris hotels). Go across the road to the Cafe Balzac for a coffee and croissant.
http://www.hotelnapoleonparis.com/

Hey everyone,

Getting married in July and we are thinking of heading to the South of France, along the Cote D'azur for the honeymoon, also want to go back through Paris and we are looking for some recommendations for a really nice hotel for the last part of the honeymoon, has to be in good spot to see all sites and near enough to good restuarants etc.

I would really appreciate if people could come back with their views and also what you'd recommend on seeing and oing.
Thanks a mil

The best hotel in the world is in Paris and it's the Four Seasons. It costs a mortgage to stay there but worth every cent for that one off occasion.

A very good second bet, and perfect honeymoon stuff (roaring fire in the lobby, gorgeous 'old-world' feel, fantastic location just off one of the most romantic squares in Paris) is the Pavilion de la Reine on the Place des Vosges.

Have a look at www.hotelabbayeparis.com It is a wonderful place and very cosy for a honeymoon..... or that special few days away in Paris. Very central and yet quiet. You might be lucky and get an upgrade, I did. But the standard rooms are very nice.

Hi All,

Can I ask for any hotel recommendations for the last part of our honeymoon in Paris, we would like something romatic, 4 or 5 star, good location etc. Thanks a mil

TBH you've got a lot of great recommendations already in the thread. If none of these are right maybe you could indicate why so we can tailor other suggestions to your more specific requirements.

Back