Paris in summer time

kd1964

Hello. Its my first time to Paris and first time travelling with Ryanair.
Regarding hotels, its a toss up between Timhotel Tour Eiffel and Timhotel Montparnasse, any suggestions on which is the best.

More importantly, where does the Ryanair bus drop you off in central Paris, will it pick you up in the same spot on the journey home.

Any advice,suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

yes ryanair will leave you off and pick you up at the same place which his "porte maillot" if I'm not mistaken. I know a brand of budget hotels, they're great, I'm using them all over europe, they are very clean and modern but basic. (no fancy flowers in bedroom etc). it's www.etaphotels.com
remember in Paris, as long as you are near a metro station, location doest really matter as the metro is so quick, efficient and cheap. . . when it;s not on strike. :)

etaphotel is about 45 euros a night for 1, 2 or 3 people sharing so its v v cheap

Yes the pick up point is Porte Maillot - don't be late, as that coach doesn't wait - although there are lots of willing taxi men 'waiting' to bring the stragglers to the airport...at a nice price.

Agree that the bus leaves from Porte Maillot and be on time.

If it's a toss up between Tour Eiffel and Montparnasse I'd go for the latter. Not that much to do around the Eiffel tower and what's there is very expensive. Montparnasse is great for nightlife, loads of cinemas, bars and restaurants. Used to be really a Creperie area, with all the Bretons arriving into the station, but I believe it's about 1/2 creperie, 1/2 Japanese restaurants now.

oh just to add on the etap hotels, they're part of the Accor group who also own the Formule 1 hotels [broken link removed]- these are usually outside the city/town all over France and cost around 32 euro per room, up to 40 in Paris I think. Same style as Etap, 1, 2 or 3 people per room. Some are pretty knackered looking, there's no bar/service but they're usually clean and convenient if you're looking to do a stopover anywhere.

I don't know If I should be posting here or not but i have had a search and can't find any answers to the question I am about to ask! Apologies if it has been asnwered.

I'm off to Paris with a cousin next week. I have been before but she hasn't and she is very anxious to do the whole sightseeing thing. Anybody know of any good tours that are also quite reasonable? She is dead set on doing a tour of some sort. I have had a look online and there are loads. I don't know which would be best. Of course it has to be quite reasonable (on a budget!)
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million

There is a boat taxi (cant remember the name) that has stops right up and down the river in paris! you can buy a day ticket and just hop on and hop off as many times as you like think is costs about €6 - €10 there is a stop just at the eifel tower! great way ot get around and you will get to see alot of the sights!!

J... said:
There is a boat taxi (cant remember the name) that has stops right up and down the river in paris! you can buy a day ticket and just hop on and hop off as many times as you like think is costs about €6 - €10 there is a stop just at the eifel tower! great way ot get around and you will get to see alot of the sights!!

Oh a boat taxi..that sounds good. Will check it out. Anymore suggestions greatly appreciated, Thanks J...

great views from the small but quiet viewing point on top of the samaritaine shopping centre (by pont neuf bridge/metro). you can get a drink at the roof terrace cafe. viewing point is up again from cafe.

Ah Paris!!-ye lucky things-I much prefer to talk about holidays than financial issues!!.Anyway...
I'd recommend the bateau mouches( water tours-really very good & u can sit & relax).I'd also recommend L'Arc de Triomphe.Really moving historically,great climb up the stairs & the view is just oustanding from the top.If u're into culture-I'd recommend the Musee D'Orsay before The Louvre(much nicer & queues wont be an issue).I though Eiffel Tower was a bit overrated & I thought Invalides & Musee Rodin were much more enjoyable & I'm not a culture vulture!

For the Anglophones - [broken link removed]

Hint: [broken link removed]

Back