Paris arriving by train hotels near by ?

coleen

Hi
I am going to Paris by train from London and would like recommendations for Hotels possible close to the staition or if this not a good area then a place with restaurants and a bit of life in the evening. There will be 3 of us all ladies travelling together and hope to share a room if we can get 1 big enough. If anyone has gone by train could you also tell me how much in advance do you need to arrive at the train station and any other useful tips about the train journey.
We are staying 2 nights and would like to be in a central hotel for going out in the evening and we will possibly do the hop on hop off bus 1 day. We would also like to do a cruise on the Seine.
All advice welcome we are going in mid march. Thanks

I wouldn't recommend the area around the Gare du Nord. If you want somewhere handy by train I would recommend you get the RER B from Gare du Nord to Luxembourg and stay at the Comfort Inn Andre Latin which is just around the corner from the station. I did it with 2 college friends and the room was about €100 a night. 5 min walk from the heart of the Latin Quarter. Hotel rooms in Paris are small but there are triples available.

You don't really need to do the bus and the river tour, it's kinda duplication as you can see everything from the river. Get the Bateaux Mouche from Pont D'Alma, under €10 for 90 mins. Wrap up very warm as it's freezing on the river!

I stayed in Hotel Magenta Paris, Paris 38 Boulevard De Magenta, Paris, 75010 France
last year. It's about 10 mins from the train station so was handy. I had been in Paris recently and stayed in a more touristy spot so this suited me on the second trip.
The room was a decent size, cheap , clean with friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

The area is interesting, it's not touristy around there at all. Behind the hotel runs st martins canal and when i was there it was packed with hundreds of people chilling out meeting friends and having picnics along the side.

You can rent a bike (velo) for 1 euro there using a credit card, just return it within the time limit (30 mins) and there are cycle paths down by the canal and on to pere lachaise cemetery. It's walking distance to la republic etc.
I really enjoyed staying here but it is a bit grungier than anywhere else I had visited in Paris but didn't have any problems.

Hi
I am going to Paris by train from London and would like recommendations for Hotels possible close to the staition or if this not a good area then a place with restaurants and a bit of life in the evening. There will be 3 of us all ladies travelling together and hope to share a room if we can get 1 big enough. If anyone has gone by train could you also tell me how much in advance do you need to arrive at the train station and any other useful tips about the train journey.
We are staying 2 nights and would like to be in a central hotel for going out in the evening and we will possibly do the hop on hop off bus 1 day. We would also like to do a cruise on the Seine.

Hi

You usually need to get to the train station 15 to 30minutes ahead of time and it depends if it's a weekend or a week day.
When you get to Gare du Nord you can take a metro line 4 to go towards the 6th and 5th districts. The Latin quarters and St Germain areas are probably the best places to go out and enjoy Paris' nightlife while staying within budget.
I've stayed at the hotel Chaplain ( w w w.chaplainparishotel.c o m ) in the 6th district, just next to the Jardin du Luxembourg. It has w w w.tripadvisor.c o m/Hotel_Review-g187147-d194233-Reviews-Hotel_Chaplain_Rive_Gauche-Paris_Ile_de_France.html - excellent reviews on TA!

The hotel Crystal ( w w w.hotelcrystalsaintgermainparis.c o m ) is another very good option I would consider for my next trip. It's close to Notre Dame and the Quais, in the heart of St Germain.
w w w.tripadvisor.c o m/Hotel_Review-g187147-d228731-Reviews-Crystal_Hotel-Paris_Ile_de_France.html - Very good reviews on TA.

Have a wonderful trip!

The Eurostar arrives in Paris at Gare du Nord, the North station. Hotel Marciano and Hotel Saint Quentin are just outside the station. Both are simple, but decent and very reasonably priced. Good location too. It is a good area, very colourful and busy. Lot of restaurants, cafes and shops. It is easy to get around by metro, it stops right there. I usually walk, the center is not that far, maybe half an hour. Montmartre is even nearer, I always like a stroll in Montmartre. I am not saying this is my favourite location in Paris, but it is a convenient one.

Back