Paperwork Problem

pcocp

Hi all,
What would you do in this situation?

February 2006, 1 year ago, I bought a motorcycle from a dealer, paid cash up front in good faith, having dealt with this dealer before and never had any prior problems.
Was assured by the dealer he would take care of the paperwork and it would come to me in the post.
Some months went by, and no paperwork arrived.
I took my time chasing this up with the dealer as I was not using it anyway.
However, I still have not received any paperwork from him, and he is becoming increasingly evasive...
Enquiries by me to the local tax office have now revealed that the reg. number on the number plate is incorrect, and the chassis number is not on record there or at the revenue.
So, now I find myself in what I consider to be a serious situation, with a suspect motorcycle and no paperwork.
Have I any comeback here, or should I contact the police?

Sorry for your troublem but sounds like you got a dodgy bike. Did you get a receipt when you bought the bike. You should report it to the Gardai as someone in business should not be getting away with this. I would imagine if it is discovered that it is a stolen bike you would be entitled to make a claim for your money back.
Good luck with it.

Report it to the Gardai, please be aware that they may take the bike from you as it may be stolen property (not fair I know but if it's stolen someone is missing a bike) If they find the last owner of the bike the insurance company may have paid out on a claim at this stage and the bike will then fall to the ownership of the insurance company and they will resell it to you at a nominal fee.

Back