Pandora.com - neat website for music

harvey

I found this website:http://www.pandora.com/ which makes suggestions for similar music to your own tastes. It makes your own radio station and then saves the preferences. Some nice music that I had never heard of before. You can only skip through about 10 songs due to licensing issues.

Re: neat website for music

This was posted before by another user and was deemed to be spam and was deleted. Can you clarify if you have any vested interest in this site please?

Clubman - I'll vouch for this site anyway. I use it loads at work. A great way for finding new music to listen. I've not affiliation anyway.

According to the T&Cs,
1.1 U.S. Residents; Age Requirement; Authority. In order to use any of the Pandora Services, you must be a resident of the United States of America and at least 13 years of age.
Some of their privacy policies look a little intrusive... Caveat subscriptor, I guess.

ClubMan said:
This was posted before by another user and was deemed to be spam and was deleted. Can you clarify if you have any vested interest in this site please?

Nope. Not quite sure how this could be spam though. I don't think there is any money to be made unless you use a link to buy the actual music from Amazon ?

I tried searching for the site in this site and it didn't seem to mentioned before. I tripped across the site recently and found it an interesting site which I thought I would share with you. I don't think you have to register to use the site. As a surfer I am always on the lookout for new relevant sites. I listen to music while I surf and it is nice to listen to some different new music which is similar to my tastes.

harvey said:
Fair enough. Thanks.
I don't think there is any money to be made unless you use a link to buy the actual music from Amazon ?
Spam doesn't necessarily need to be motivated by making money.
I tried searching for the site in this site and it didn't seem to mentioned before.
The thread in question was the identical to one that appeared verbatim on many other discussion forums all over the web so was deemed spam and deleted. That's why you didn't find it.

this site is cool. It seems a handy way of hearing artists you might not have heard of with something in common with other music you like. One to add to the list...

Great site - already used it to buy a couple of new albums from artists I had never heard of.

All you need to get around the residency requirement is a US zip code

..but why stick to the stuff you know? Isn't it better to broaden your horizons by listening to stuff that's different?no wonder you've got record industry heads coming up with mathematical formulae to determine success/failure of their investments....

daithi

daithi said:
.no wonder you've got record industry heads coming up with mathematical formulae to determine success/failure of their investments...
(4 x post pubescent girls/boys) + hackneyed songwriter + formulaic choreographer = $$$$$$$$$$ssssss

You can do that too