Panda - Problem with warning light

New Home

About three weeks ago I started to notice that the brakes warning light was visible in the dark even when the handbrake wasn't engaged - it's not fully on, it's as if a "ghost" of a light was left there; in daylight you don't see it unless you know it's there. I was obviously very worried (call me fussy, but the brakes are one of the "accessories" I'd rather not do without...), so I immediately checked the brake fluid (which is still almost full, so that's not what's causing it). Then I brought my Panda to the "vet" but I was told it's not a problem with the brakes (thank God) and that I shouldn't worry too much, but this is bugging me, they couldn't tell me for sure why this is happening, and I don't want the battery to go dead. The "ghost" light goes off altogether only about 8 seconds after I've opened the door and locked the car from the outside. I've also been told it could be static electricity that activates the LEDs, but this is weird. The worst part is that this evening I've noticed the same "ghost" light appearing on the City function and the Beams lights.

Has anyone had a similar problem/ does anyone know what could be causing this? How can I fix it?

The car is a 2006 1.1 Panda Graduate (Petrol).

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd suspect the switch is sticking.

p.s. It's "brakes" not breaks.