Pancakes in Dublin

gallogly

afternoon folks,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in central Dublin to get pancakes tomorrow at lunchtime?

thanks,
Gallogly

There's a creperie at the bottom of Dawson street which serves crepes (they're basically the same I think?) all day every day. Not sure of the name.

Don't be afraid to dress it up a bit. Some cinnamon and nutmeg, a drop of vanilla extract, some brown sugar. Leave out the salt.

Crepes are not the same as pancakes, by the way. The crepe is thinner, designed to act as a wrap for a filling, whereas your pancake is more of a standalone thing.

The place on dawson street is called lemon - they also have a branch on south william street next to Butlers Cafe - their crepes are quite good.

There is also a place called lemonjelly, i think, on the pedestrian street between jervis centre and the millenium bridge - haven't been so can't say whether good or not. I think there's another branch on essex street in temple bar opposite entrance to meeting house square..although it might be a different company

Don't be afraid to dress it up a bit. Some cinnamon and nutmeg, a drop of vanilla extract, some brown sugar. Leave out the salt.
I hope we are not talking about our own Vanilla. The extraction process does entail soaking the Vanilla beans in raw alcohol - I would not wish it on him, unless he so desired

Try the bakeries, such as Anne's on Mary Street, The Earl on North Earl Street, or Teatime Express on Talbot Street.

I hope we are not talking about our own Vanilla. The extraction process does entail soaking the Vanilla beans in raw alcohol - I would not wish it on him, unless he so desired

AFAIK Vanilla is a woman. Don't know how she'd like to be soaked in alcohol though.