Panasonic camera purchase

Briano88

Hi,
I found the Panasonic Lumix tz4 for €99 in power city. Is it a good buy. I thas ten zoom which I am looking for and it is bigger than usual which I need as it is for work and the people that would use it wont be incredibly dextrous so need a little bulk to hold. It has decent movie capture too. It is for work though so I dont wanna buy a bad cam. Any ideas. Is it a good price?

Thanks,

Briano.

If the price is correctly displayed, that is a bargain. That camera usually retails for over €200.

I have the earlier model TZ3 which is broadly the same and I would recommend it. I bought it because of the wide angle lens which is unusual among digital compacts. I would be hard pressed to fault the camera other than the minor quibble that it is quite chunky in size.

I think €199 too. €189 inc VAT (black model) on pixmania -

They claim that's 42% off (RRP?)

No connection, just for comparisons sake. With the two prices so closely matched, I suspect its a very good Panasonic promotion.

Sorry guys it is indeed €199, when i put in euro sign on this p.c. the next number doesnt get punched in for some reason so the 1 wasa dropped leaving €99. I bought it. its great. its chunky which i like because the lads that are using it dont have great dexterity so they need something chunky. Also the zoom is great but what is the best thing is the fact it has a lith-ion battery and not AA batteries. Most cams I seen for €300 or under dont have lithiums. I can recomend it.

Briano.

I recently purchased the TZ5 model - adds HD recording - from dabs.ie for about €210. Great value. (€299 in pcworld and €329 in pixels)

Also own a Panasonic camera.

Great products. Buy with confidence.

I have the FZ7 - and paid a good few 'yoyos' for it two years ago. Mostly love it but I find noise is awful and my indoor shots leave a lot to be desired. But at 6Mp with 12X optical zoom, I have taken some really lovely outdoor photos. Accessories like extra chargers and batteries are expensive and the extra lens are crazy money (in Ireland anyway!)