palm springs or san diego

narky

ok was on earlier looking for accommodation in san diego, now after looking up san diego for june the weather is supposed to be very dull. this 5 days of our trip is to be for r n r and a bit of sunshine. now dilemma. some people say its fine and others say you couldnt go to the beach in june. so was looking at palm springs on our way over to vegas. only prob there is that june is supposed to be too hot..... ah jeez

anyone been to either of these in june or in general.

advice would be great as i'm the worlds worst decision maker

personally i prefer san diego cos there's so much more to do and see there...palm springs is the type of place which is great for a day trip, but wouldn't fancy spending 5 days

I'd second San Diego, spent about a week in Ocean Beach and it was fan-flippin- tastic! Think beach parties every night and (trying to) surf during the day. Also Sea World is nearby (really didn't think it would be my cup of tea) and it's a really enjoyable day out. You can also get the San diego train down to Mexico, was meant to do this but the hangovers from all the beach partying got in the way!

Another vote for San Diego!! Don't forget to visit the amazing zoo. Go early in the day. So much to do around the city and nearby areas, great restaurants, great nightlife.

Palm Springs is grand for a day but I wouldn't stay there.

Stayed in both San Diego and Palm springs last year. San Diego lots of things to do, Palm Springs very good for relaxation. Was there in May, and yes it was warm, but there is always a breeze, and you'll have sunshine in Palm springs, not necessarily in San Diego.

i stopped in palm springs on the way back from vegas to LA, its very very quiet. its really where the LA people go durin winter when LA gets a little cold. nice but i have heard san diego is the place to go

mssymth - any more info from ur holdiay - im doing that next year, did you go down to mexico??

Was in San Diego 2 yrs ago in June. Weather was nice, mid 20's although I did read that June is sometimes dull. Plenty of stuff to see and do inlcuding the Aircraft Carrier Museum, Balboa Park (Zoo, Museums, the excellent Sea World), Beach at Coronada, Mexico etc.
Would highly recomend it for a 5 day trip. I stayed at this hotel and found it to be very good value. http://www.lapensionehotel.com/

thanks for the replies,

soy was it sunbathe weather when you were there in june? i need a few days of this!!!

just about, probably still a bit chilly to be in the water but fine for sunbathing during the middle of the day.

Visit California a lot and know a few people who live there and in June they have what they refer to as "June gloom" (google it for explanation) - its a fog/mist that stays over the sea. Last year was there in July / August and weather was great but chills down a lot at night even at this time. Also visited Palm Springs and it will be quite hot there in June - season here really runs from December through to April/May and shuts down for summer because it gets so hot. On balance I wouuld stick with coast but it will be cooler at night.

butterfield i don't mind at all about the evenings but i just wanted to be able to sunbathe in the afternoons... am i mad?

Have been to Palm Springs not San Diego; have to say unless you are big into golf (over 100 courses); there is really not a whole pile else to do except to relax