Pajero V's Landcrusier

Mahons

Hi,

Looking at the Pajero or Landcrusier (Commerical SWB).

Seems you get a lot more for your bucks with the Pajero...

Anyone have any thoughts on either vehicles..

Thanks

Mahons

I spent the last few weeks researching both and eventually went for the LandCruiser. You're right in saying you get a lot more with the Pajero but the Toyota for me was a better buy. I liked the styling a lot more, I think it will hold its value more.

I agree the landcruiser does look better, it's just the back of the pajero that turns me off it. But I still have that nagigng voice in the back of my head that keeps saying you can get alot more with the Pajero. Ac, Cruise Control as standard compared to LC.

Well, I have to say honestly that after driving the LandCruiser now for a while I have promised myself that the next car I get will have Air Con. I know we haven't had many hot days this summer but when you're sitting in the car for long journeys it must be a blessing.

That's a good enough reason to opt for the Pajero if all else ticks your boxes.

Test drove the Pajero today, lovely drive. although I am comparing with a 97 pajero. I need to organise a test drive of the LC. will revert.

Test drove the Pajero today, lovely drive. although I am comparing with a 97 pajero. I need to organise a test drive of the LC. will revert.

If you search around here you'll find LC owners going on about how comfortable they are to drive. It will drink juice but they do look a cracking jeep.

have you thought about a nissan pathfinder - its more reliable than a discovery longterm (albeit slightly less capable than the disco offroad) - a lot more cheaper than a cruiser (mind you its residuals won't be as good) - more modern than a pajero (brand new 2005 pathfinder design as opposed to "tarted up" late 90s pajero old design) - all in all the pathy seems the best price / reliability / safety / offroader ability compromise on the market

Back