Pajero blowing oil back from the dip stick

stenner

I looked at buying a pajero recently and whilst out for a test drive I checked the engine.
I took out the dip stick whilst the engine was running and found it spitting oil and fumes out through the dip chamber. I was told that this was normal for the pajero and there was a special seal on the dip stick to alleviate this.
Can anybody comment on this

Thanks

Ehh, do not think so. We have had in the past at least 5 pajeros none of them ever did this. Get the car checked out before you buy by someone that knows about Pajeros. It could also be something simple, to much oil or even to little.

One of two things could be occurring to cause this back pressure, the engine breather is blocked which is not a big fix, or the engine is worn excessively causing the gases in the piston chamber to leak by the piston rings thus causing pressure in the sump which blows the oil out of the first available vent which is the dipstick holder when you remove the dipstick I would advise to walk away from this deal.

... I would advise to walk away from this deal.

Agreed. Eventually it'll either blow the dip-stick out, blow-off the CCV pipe or blow the head-gasket (and Pajeros have been known to do this).

Back