painting wall over stairs??

bobjim

Hi,
I have to paint the wall up a stairs and landing and was wondering how to do the high part directly over the stairs?? A ladder seems awkward (although possible!) and I figure extension poles are not going to give a good finish where the wall meets the ceiling. Is there some kind of adjustable platform I can buy or hire that will allow me to work safely? Or some other way??

Thanks,
bobjim

If you put a ladder on the stairs and lean it against the wall which would be directly over your head as you walk up the stairs.
Then at the top of the stairs get a strong plank of wood and rest it on the ladder.
Something like this:
[broken link removed]

That's how I do it too, but it's not for nervous people!. If you have two sets of ladders/stepladders and can set up two parallel planks you'll have a much wider base to work off.

Single ladder to paint the ceiling/wall joint then extension pole on either a roller or paint pad; at least that's how I do ours.

I would normally just extend the step ladder out and prop it up against the wall above the stairs something like the pic posted by rambo. Not the easiest way to paint especially when you get down as far as the point where the ladder meets the wall