painting new house

Carebear

In the next few weeks I will be painting the interior walls of my new house and I am looking for ideas on painting the walls a bit different! Has anyone any suggestions?

i like having one feature wall. these are some dulux combinations in their latest colour guide and i think they look great. usually the dark/intense colour goes on one wall.

Intense Truffle and Natural Wicker
Raspberry Diva and Gentle Fawn
Redcurrant Glory and Natural Hessian
Overtly Olive and Ivory
Mulberry Burst and Soft Tone

hi guys

just bought a 2 storey detached house. how much will it cost to paint the exterior of this - not painted at all yet as house is only 1 year old

i know its hard to give an amt based on this limited info but if someone can give a rough idea of how much a contractor would charge that would be great.

also would contractor cost include paint cost etc

nk14, I suppose it depends on where you are. I've heard there is a lot of undercutting at the moment with painters!

In the next few weeks I will be painting the interior walls of my new house and I am looking for ideas on painting the walls a bit different! Has anyone any suggestions?

Carebear,

Take a visit to your local Homebase and their paint aisles have lots of little booklets with ideas. Make sure you buy samples of the colours you are interested in and paint them in different areas of the intending room, i.e. One side will be brighter because of light coming in etc. If I hadn't done that, my dining room would have looked like a burger at the end of it all!

G