Painting gaps between skrting board and wall

MidlandsBase

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have any tips on painting the gaps between a skirting board and the wall. There aren't many of them but enough to stand out once the skirting boards have been painted.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Fill your gaps with painters maid - its a silicone type substance and can be purchased at any DIY or paint outlet.

You will need a silicone gun to apply it as it comes in a tube.

Use painter's caulk which is basically pollyfilla I think - that might be the same as "painters maid" Miles. I'm no expert but I don't think you should use silicone as you cannot (easily) paint over silicone with emulsion paints. Apply it and smooth it over with a wet finger before it dries. Pretty easy.

Decorator's/painter's caulk is what you need, as stated above. It fills the gaps beautifully, and has a small amount of silicone in it meaning it is flexible and doesn't crack, which Polyfilla etc. would do eventually. It is very easy to paint over. Just squirt it out (cut the nozzle to make a smaller bead of caulk than you think you need) and then smooth with a wet finger.

Sorry to be pedantic but "Painters' Mate" or decorators' caulk is in fact an acrylic product and not to be confused with silicone. If used correctly you can achieve fantastic results in your situation.

Back