Painter

J...

Hi

I am trying to have a couple of rooms in my house painted at the moment , but have no clue how much would be normal to pay for a painter?

does anyone know how painters charge ? is it per day or on the size of house?

I had a painter recently who charged by the day and charged 90 euro but she did a huge amount of work as well. That was my fear that if u pay by the day they could take 2 days to do a 1 day job whereas if you pay by the job it does not bother u to a certain degree how long the job takes as long as it is done well.

Thanks Racso

€90 a day sounds Ok!

would one day be long enough to do say a living room and hall stairs and landing or would that be pushing it?

well imagine that depends on the size of the house. we got stairs, landing, bedroom, ceiling in another room and a study done in 2 1/2 days and our house is 2500 sq ft so rooms were decent size as was landing

Costing us 3k for a 3250 sg ft house, including woodwork, but not stairs and external doors.
We have to supply the paint for that.
I prefer to agree a final price rather than a price per day.
In my current three bed house 1050 sq ft I managed to paint the hall, stairs and landing in three hours myself and I am no professional, but very careful.

Do it yourself for nothing - apart from materials

If you can get someone(irish) to work for 90euro a day, fair play

i should point out that i live in carlow so the price in dublin maybe more but the woman in question did a very satisfactory job and was indeed irish.

Back