Painter quote - reasonable?

bofarr01

Hi,
I've received a quote for some paint work and wanted to see if it seems reasonable - it does to me but what do i know! I've searched this forum and see lots of queries about quotes but it's hard to compare when you don't have the details of what's involved.
My quote is for labour only and includes preparation of all surfaces, including filling, sanding, washing with sugar soap and taping up of sockets etc. It's for a standard 3-bed semi:

Front room: walls (2 coats), windowsill (2 coats), skirting, cornice: €175
1st bedroom & ensuite: walls (2 coats), windowsill (2 coats), skirting, door (inside): €200
2nd bedroom: walls (2 coats), windowsill (2 coats), skirting, door (inside): €175
Hall/stairs/landing: walls (2 coats), dado rail, skirting, 6 doors (one side): €250

€800 in total. And he's promised not to leave a mess - "not a trace, boy". We're in Cork, if that helps!

Any comments most welcome.

Thanks!

Sounds reasonable to me, was the painter reccomended to you or have you seen some of his work ?. E 800 would mean that at E20/hr it will take him about a week to do it which sounds about right

I would say thats a very good quote and I would bite his hand off.

noah

very reasonable - if you could post me his name and number, i'd appreciate. We got the same amount of rooms done last year but including paint -€2,000 he charged us. Got a quote from another fella for €2,400. We live in a 3 bed semi s t's not like the rooms aare huge!

Just got our kitchen & living room painted for €250 incl paint in Cork.
Painter was based in Passage and I have another guy based in Carrigaline.
PM if you want contact details.

Back