Paint suitable for concrete drive way

C

cc1234

We got our drive way done awhile back, it was a failed attempt to look like cobblelock, they guy cemented it and carved out a block effect, he was supposed to put a colour into the cement but somehow forgot so now it looks dull and lifeless. I am looking for a paint suitable for concrete paving preferably in terracotta or black with a gloss finish. I have spoken to a rep for Thompsons Drive Seal but was told this would not be suitable and leaves a matt finish. Can anyone please advise a paint that would be suitable?

My driveway was done in carved block effect several years. The guy put red colour in the cement to make it look like red brick. It looked lovely when done but faded over the winter. I paint it with Rustins red brick paint each year - have to do it every year because it doesn't have long lasting effect. Tried gloss paint one year but was a disaster - very dangerous and slippery when wet. Would be interested about a paint with long lasting effect but would not consider gloss again.

Hi oldtimer, thanks for that, do you happen to know the diff between rustins red brick&tile paint & rustins step&tile paint? Is it very vibrant red?

Anyone else have any further advice to give about painting our driveway?

Thanks.

hi

had a similar problem with my patio (contractor didnt put in enough colour to concrete = patchy colour!!!!!!!) tried sereral products including thompsons(not impressed) a friend told me about this acrylic sealer for imprinted concrete and it worked a dream. A colour can be added to the sealer to bring up the colour again or u can change the colour either (wont last forever but does make a difference) leaves a lovely glossy finish. Also for a bit more grip you can add a grip to the sealer to make it not so slippy.

ps always do a test patch first !!!

try AE Moulds, Wexford (very helpful and they also deliver) :)

best of luck
winnie

Back