paint quote excessive?

ftb2

I've just moved into a duplex apartment and have been quoted 900 euro by a painter for two bedrooms, downstairs hall, upstairs landing, high wall over stairs, utility room and one wall in living area (I had painted three, but got bored).

I've read previous threads on painting quotes but I'm still not satisfied over whether this price is reasonable or not.

The quote includes all materials etc. And the wall over the stairs is extremely high and awkward to reach.

Sounds fair.

Friends of ours had the hall, one bedroom and living room painted. The living room had to stripped of wallpaper before painting and the all-in price was €1,500. So your quote looks good. Personally I always take two things into account; price and quality of work.

Do you know this crowd's standard of work? The same friends had their bathroom refitted and that was a nightmare for them, tiles badly put up, plumbing into new bath leaking! And in this case they went for the cheapest quote and had no personal recommendation for the company. The plumber fitted the bath pipe on the wrong thread, easy to fix, even easier to get right first time but why bother when the plumber was picking up €1,000 for a days work. And that was the cheapest quote.

So if your guy is good; go for it.

cheers for that askalot.

A colleague used this painter a couple of weeks ago and found him excellent.

The feedback helps a lot.

I had painters in for living room (big), 2 halls, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and utility, they were known to us, hence got a friendly price. 1300 euros all in all excl paint. 900 euro incl paint ( and VAT ) sounds very good.