paint for shed

Thrifty

Fancy doing a kindof beach hut look on my wooden garden shed but can't find any pale blue outside paint in the local Woodies. I've seen fence stains in green and iris that don't have the shiny look of gloss paint and would ideally like something like this.

Anybody know where i can get this type of paint - preferably in the Kilkenny, Carlow, Waterford region or a manufacturer's name. Occassionally in Dublin so any suggestions for their either. thanks

Suggest you might go to a farmers co-op. They usually have blue paint for haysheds, cowsheds etc. These are usually oxide paints and are very weatherproof. Designed for metal, but they work well on wood. Often used on carts etc in old days.

I'm looking for something similar to do my garden fences in white.

Farrow & Ball do lovely colours, and probably have lovely subtle blues for the effect you want on your shed.
They are eggshell rather than matt though, and very expensive, not sure if I'll stretch to it.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed] do a range of paints along the lines of what you're looking for, but I'm not too sure who stocks them in Ireland. A few years ago I painted my old wooden shed a lovely blue - I'll check out the tub & see who the manufacturer is, and post details later

I'm back!!!

First choice is [broken link removed]- Forget Me Not or Seagrass are probably the best colours in this range to suit what you want. Second one is [broken link removed]

Ronseal Fencelife also do a light blue colour in their range. I used in on fence panels and they worked out ok.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. going to look into them. they did have Ronseal fencelife in the local woodies but only very dark colours - will check them out elsewhere. The Cuprinol colours sound ideal.

Thrify, I've been doing some calling to find out if I can get the white cuprinol paint - I can't but the good news for you is that B&Q stock every other shade except the white.
Woodies do the darkest ones, the black, dark blue, dark green.
Happy painting, I'm off back to the drawing board.