Page numbers beginning from page 2 in MS-Word document?

Smythe

I have a report written as a MS-Word document.

The first page is the cover page, then the actual document begins from the next page.

I want to add page numbers, but I want it to print "page 1" on the 2nd page of the document. That's because the first page in the document is the cover, and the actual document doesn't begin until the next page.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you.

P.S. I realise I could just separate the cover and print it off separately, though I also want the complete document in one electronic form.

I want to add page numbers, but I want it to print "page 1" on the 2nd page of the document. That's because the first page in the document is the cover, and the actual document doesn't begin until the next page.

Is there any way of doing this?

Yes - insert a section break at the end of the title page, and then restart page numbers for the subsequent section at page 1.

Exactly how you do this will depend on the version of Word you have, but I believe it's essentially the same operation on all versions.

Searching Word help for "page numbers" and "section breaks" should provide the details.

Word 2003

Alternatively

Insert | Page Numbers |untick Show Number on First Page | Format | Page Numbering |Start at 0.

This is what I use.

Back