Paddypowertrader.com Live prices reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldyman27

Just wondering how reliable their live prices are? I check them against NCB's site, which I know have a 20 minute delay, but they seem to be lower a lot of the time. Even when I take a live price and note the time on paddy power and compare it later with NCB's price at the same time, there is still a discrepancy.

Anyone else find this?

I don't know about paddypowertrading but, while researching spreadbetting, I did come across suggestions that some spreadbetting companies adjust the data sent to individual users depending on that users trading pattern and history of usage. Possibly, that's a factor for you.

I don't think I've been active long enough to have a pattern. Just checked a long position I have open which both RTE Radio and NCB have as E1.45, paddy power has it at E1.43. Quite annoying.

The problem is that you are not comparing like with like. The NCB site lists actual stock prices.

Spreadbetting prices are normally based on stock futures

One other thing, there is a pread around the underlying price. If the underlying was at 1.45, they might quote 1.44 - 1.46. If you are long they willl show a price of 1.44 as that is the price that you can close your position at. If you are short, it would e 1.46 for the same reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back