Packard Bell Store & Play 50 GB

TarfHead

These units are discounted to clear at PC World. Intrigued by the spec. and attracted by the price I bought one last night.

As an external hard drive it's working. Connecting to the TV is a problem.

I have tried 3 different TVs, 2 different cables & 3 different SCART adapters. Each time the menu screen from the unit is not clear and there is a buzzing sound. It's as if the AV channel on each of the TVs is not tuned correctly, but how can one re-tune an AV channel ? Anyway, the AV setting is fine for other devices.

Maybe it is a PAL/NTSC issue but I am unclear how to resolve that. The quality of the supplied & online documentation is poor.

Anyone else here have this product ?

I have posted this same query on 2 other forums.

have a look here, not sure if it has what you need but worth a look.

[broken link removed]

Sorry I cant help but interested in this unit-how much are they in PC World.
I have also looked at the Freecom Media Player on the web-seems to be similiar unit.
Hope u solve problem-I,ve been there with other stuff and it is frustrating.Would be interested to know how u get on

How much is it now Tarfhead

Looks interesting-is it any different from a normal external HD? It has a remote control and AV connections-I'm not sure if all HD have this feature?

Depends on who you ask !

I phoned Swords yesterday and they said €79.99. When I called out last night they said €109.00. I mentioned the phone call and they let me have it at the lower price.

The boxes that were left on display last night were in poor condition. Carrickmines are completely sold out of them.

Then again, if I can't get it working on the TV, Swords will have one more in stock