P45 but no notice payment

J

jdmc

Hi,

I received a P45 recently and included on it was a termination payment of 4 weeks notice and holiday entitlement. While the amount was included on the P45, I have not actually received any payment.

The P45 has been registered with the revenue.

It has been several weeks since termination and my previous employer says that the company is waiting for funding before payment.

What can I do to ensure that I receive payment?

Thanks.

Check every inch of your p45.

My son also received his p45 but included in it was his last months salary that he never got. When completing the tax return I told the revenue what had happened and they reduced his income by that amount no problem. It doesn't seem right that your company did what it did as your p45 should actually reflect what you have received. There would have been no problem in your company issuing a supplementary p45 to take care of the other bits and pieces when they eventually paid you. I think that you should contact the revenue and explain what has happened. Also ask them was it legal what they did because they have stated that they have also paid tax on this payment, which they haven't.

Back