OZ Visa + Vietnam

D

DangerMouse1

Hi All,

Where is the best place to get a 5 month Visa for Oz how long do they take?

Also if anyone knows anything about a visa for vietnam im flying out in 2 weeks so i wont have time to send over to england thats the only place i have seen you can get it

Thanks so much

Help is what i need not stupid comments dusmyb i booked last minute as i broke up with a long time partner and want to get away

Is it a VISA for oz or Vietnam your looking for?? I know you can get an OZ holiday VISA in any of the travel agents.. Not to sure about Vietnam but im sure a travel agent would have all theis info for you... Good luck

Cheers for that it is both im looking for i dont know what oz visa i will go for im hoping i wont have to work but i might be safer getting the work one just in case. Is their a cheap website to get them on that is good?

not sure you can get a more than a 3 month visa to oz unless you're being sponsored, what you could do is go for 3 months, then head over to new zealand and then back again or you could use the trip to vietnam to break your trip then head back to oz.
you can apply online for a free 3 month oz visa, see here
[broken link removed]
, i applied pretty last minute and it was done in a week.
can't remember how i got my visa to vietnam, you can usually find good advice on lonely planet's site by posting a question here
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa?forumID=24&keywordid=101

have a great trip

I got my 3 month visitor visa for Oz yesterday online at the web address previously mentioned.

A word of warning - check the way your name is displayed on the bottom of your passport (the machine readable code).

Make sure to put all of your names under the 'Given Names' on the form.
They have to match otherwise you may be refused at the airport.

Help is what i need not stupid comments dusmyb i booked last minute as i broke up with a long time partner and want to get away

Oops sorry for any offense caused Dangermouse, none was intended. Two weeks is very tight though for your Vietnamese visa. Unless you post it off to the Embassy in London your other option is to wait until you get to Asia, say Thailand. You could get your visa within a day by queing up in the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok.

All the best.

Just come back from a brilliant trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. If you're flying into Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City you can gat a one month visa at the airport. Cost is $20 if travelling on an EU passport.

i worked in the travel business and have been to vietnam, i was under the impression that there is no way of entering the country without obtaining a visa beforehand. theres no embssey in dublin so have to send off to london, alternatively you can get one in other south east asia countries pretty easy and for a smaller fee, as for oz, 3 month electronis visa..called an ETA, very simple to get, done in seconds, your travel agent should be able to do for you, just make sure your passport is machine readable.

Vietnam Visa

I want to send off for a 30 day tourist vietnamese visa too, but can't find out how much the visa fee is...only mentions the £8 postage fee back to Ireland.

Has anyone sent off for a visa recently, can't get through to the embassy to find out. Thanks

peralta, if no one replies here, check the tripadvisor website - I'm sure it is there.

Back