Oxyvent Cremin Tank

ninsaga

Saw the Cremin Tank called Oxyvent on SMTM the other night & reminded me of the time I saw it in an Ideal Homes type expo a few years back.

It looks pretty good - anyone have this installed - it costs (€750) - anyone put it to use & find it effective?

ninsaga

Hello

Just to let you know that the cost of the tank is €750 but the cost of installation is over €1k (i.e. I was quoted (by Tim Cremin) a cost of €1800 for tank plus installation)

In say that, it did look very good on SMTM and from looking at their website there seem to be many benefits to this system, not least cost savings on gas / oil.

ouch! but is tht based upon installing it in a house already plumbed out? Surely for a new build though it would not cost as much right?

I've heard this guy on Pat Kenny's radio show in the past and am very curious about the system; if it does what it claims it seems like a great thing. Problem is I haven't meet a heating engineer or installer yet that's used or specified the tank.

Hi All

I installed an Oxyvent tank two years ago into a new build (Detached house in country). It is a condenser oil boiler heating system with rads. My plumber did not charge me any extra to install it. As far as I am aware it is relatively easy to install. As for how it has performed, I haven't had to bleed any raidators and my heating bills appear cheaper than similar sized houses. But I guess its all relative regards how often heating is on etc. I have TRV's on all rads and 4 zones in the house (Upstairs, downstairs bedrooms, downstairs living and hot water).
However I believe the tank does work, have no cold spots on rads and would believe it to repay for itself in a relatively short period of time. When you think of the amount of money you'll spend on other "necessities" in a new house and with the rising utlities prices I think its worth spending the money on the tank.
As for opinions of plumbers or engineers. My plumber thought it was gimicky at first but could understand the principles once he installed it. I think if you look at any new technolgies like this when they first come out (underfloor heating, wood chip boilers etc) you'll not get an over enthusiastic reception from guys who have been installing oil burners for thirty years and then need to change their work practice to what may be a new fad.
Anyway thats my humble opinion on the Oxyvent system