Oxylytic oven V pyrolytic oven ?

Red

Anyone any experience with self clean ovens?
Do they work??

Which is the better option for a single multi funtional oven - oxylytic or pyrolytic ???

dont know about oxylytic but we have a miele pyrolytic and it works just fine vapourises all cooking stains into grey dust that can be swept out.... brilliant.

Thanks for the update.
Hate cleaning the oven so anything that can make life easier is definitely worth a look. Can you remember what you paid for your Miele?

Thanks HighFlier

Have seen a Bosch one for €1000 that I like

Thanks HighFlier

Have seen a Bosch one for €1000 that I like

Is that the integrated one Bosch do? My mum got it a couple of months back and is well impressed, and that is not easily done! It is very intuitive like all Bosch stuff and looks the business too.

I myself was shopping for an oven recently, and when push came to shove, the one thing everyone I spoke to agreed on was that Pyrolytic is the way to go - the rest of the so called easy clean linings are rubbish - some are even more difficult to keep than the old fashioned linings some basic ovens still have it seems!

The only arguments against it are the cost and the fact that it ain't the most energy friendly thing to do to heat your oven up to such a high temperature, but it's only a few times a year.

My view.

They might get a mention in some of these also.

IMHO Bosch and Miele would be good too but not cheap. Probably get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Still say nothing worse than trying to clean grease away - yach.

I forgot to say that the oven I was going to get (except that there were stock issues at the time my kitchen was fitted) was one by Brandt [broken link removed], a brand big in France and Europe but only stocked here by Discount Electrical / West + Gardiner (Mountjoy Sq/Clerys) as far as I know.

This brand is supposed to be very good but the prices are much cheaper than the heavyweights. Their pyrolytic one is about 550 I think, versus the guts of a grand for the Bosch one. Discount Electrical claimed that it was a very good oven, far better than the entry level pyrolytic ones that are around that price level.

Since I could not get my hands on it (just one part of a long tale of woe with Discount Electrical I'm afraid), I can't give a personal recommendation but it's an option worth researching for anyone interested in a pyro oven but who ain't keen on the prices!

The Bosch model is HBN 730550B.
It's a single multifunctional oven with "A" energy rating.

Hearing some good feedbcak on the pyrolytic function so I think I will take the plunge. will post how I get on at a later date.

Would anyone have experience with "Brandt" appliances? I'm buying a new over, want a good one as I love my cooking and gadgets.... but don't have much money to spend. Went to discount electricals (?) and yr man tried to push the Brandt on me. (Self cleaning, multi function, €500) But on reflection I thought maybe they're just trying to clear out the stock. Compared with Neff, which are v popular, it seems no one wants the Brandt. It seems to be an older model, as not in current broachure. Also, would buying a more obscure brand mean trouble down the track in terms of servicing/ parts etc? Might just get the basic model Neff, at least I know they have a good reputation.