Oxigen-Green Bin.

IsleOfMan

Does anyone know if this company is still collecting our green bins in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co. area?
We do not have a calendar for their collection dates in 2009. When you log on to their website the calendar is not available either.

I know that there is some problem with their collections in Bray.

As far as I know the new company are collecting everywhere in Dublin from Jan 1st. Accrording to their website the collection dates remain the same as they would have been with Oxigen. I'm in Fingal and our green bin was due to go out on Christmas eve but Oxigen never turned up. Depsite repeated promises that they would be there 'this evening' they never came. Bins have been on the road for 2 weeks as we kept thinking they would come and collect. Second time in a row that they have not collected out green bins. Typical...we are encouraged to recycle more and then when we do the service is not reliable enough to meet demand.

Oxigen (or whoever if DCC have switched to another service provider?) were supposed to collect in our area yesterday but never turned up. I was half way down the road this morning when I saw them coming and had to run back to put the green bags out again having just taken them in as I left the house. Their website address based calendar search seems useless to me.

Same thing happened in our estate. Green bin collection due Christmas eve, half of the estate had their bins collected. Left out the bin at the weekend, as they often collect on a Saturday if they miss the collection, bin was stolen and burned out on Sunday. Bins eventually collected on the following Wednesday (a week late)...

It's now Greyhound, whose website is [broken link removed] - apparently they are now doing the 4 Dublin council areas.

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co.Co's website has a printable calendar of the new Greyhound collection dates. Unfortunately everyone on our road missed the first January collection date because nobody was informed about the new arrangements.