Oxford UK

Randy

Hi,

can anyone recommend any good hotels either in or close to Oxford, needs to be clean, reasonably priced and welcoming to my two month old chissler! Have been trawling the net for hotels but having difficulty in deciding on one that ticks all the boxes!!

thanks

Try Eastgate Hotel, the townhouse one for basic and they have a sister hotel which is very up market.

[broken link removed]

Im afraid Im not too well up on the requirements for young children but if you ask for a larger room on the 1st Floor so you don't have far to go, I think it may be just the thing.

Oxford is a lovely place , I hope you enjoy it .

Eastgate is a good hotel and is very central which means you can walk everywhere. Some of the rooms are quite small though so that might be a watchout if you have kids with you. Randolph is also central though a bit Olde Worlde - usually charges the same rate as the Eastgate. Old Bank also central but a bit pricey.
There is a fantastic Malmaison after opening in what used to be the jail (I think Porridge was shot there). They have just opened and are offering special rates (I paid £99) at certain times. The rooms are converted cells (2 cells = 1 bedroom and 1 cell = bathroom) and very quirky.
I think there is a Holiday Inn beside the Kassam Stadium though you will need car transport as its on the ring road.

This clip shows when Ryan Tubridy went to Oxford for No Frontiers
It needs real player so I don't know whats on it

[broken link removed]