overstaying holiday visa in 2004

T

traceybabe

Hi all, a good friend of mine overstayed her holiday visa in 2004 by about 90 days. she didnt get her passport stamped on the way out and her I-94 was not taken. she also does not have a magnetic passport which means she may get a new passport anyway. we would like to go to new york in march. she is gonna apply for new passport asap, and were gonna fly from shannon meaning emigration is on this side of the water. once through this, does it mean shes in the all clear or could she be stopped for overstaying on US soil??Her housemates ran out on bills but her name was on the lease-wondering did her landlord report her? also does insurance cover flight costs if we do get stopped?please help!!!

Best thing for her to do is to contact the us embassy and tell them that she just noticed the airline didn't take her green form back (which is very common) and she did come back in 90 days and want to clear it up....that way she will know if she is going to get away with it before going to the airport...

Once past immigration in shannon (if she gets past) she will be in the clear as she will have a new valid 90 day visa....

I would be very surprised is insurance would cover this...

she got rid of green slip-plus have been ringing the embassy for like 2 wks now and no answer!

See the other threads on this. As far as I know it's a lot more prudent to get this sorted out before travelling again to avoid inconvenience (worst case refusal to enter, deportation etc.).

Back