overseas shipping

confused

I dont know if I am in the right place to be asking this question, but, anyone got any ideas of how to ship large pieces of equipment to Africa? The stuff is large, so wont fit into a container. Dimensions are 13.5m x 3.8m. Any ideas or links to webpages would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Confused,

I am a freight forwarder and maybe able to assist you

My first question would be : where you want to ship to in Africa.

Secondly, can you give me the 3rd dimension (would need length, width and height). Also, do you have the weight of the item in question.

Lastly, what is the commodity ?

Whilst the piece will definitely not fit in a container, depending on the destination, there may be some services available that can cope with a large oversized piece.

Look forward to hear from you
Rudolf289

It would be multiple loads,

The items are slender (they are steel platforms and around 5T each) so a few could be packed together to get the optimum weight per 'trailor'.

The transport destination is Nigeria.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

I'm so tempted to make a joke about Nigerian scams & some political figures being shipped out - but i won't

Hello McCaul,

I am so glad you resisted temptation. I believe there is a forum on boards.ie where you can relieve your temptation.

Confused, I will send you a PM to further this discussion

Regards,
Rudolf289

Confused, contact Expeditors, Ceva Logistics, etc and get a price. Freight has never been so cheap. I presume that this has something to do with the oil & gas industry but even if it doesn’t there are very large items being shipped from Aberdeen to Nigeria all the time so from here to a UK hub etc would be no big deal.

Back