Overdrawing an Ulster Bank credit card

M

manugal

Is it possible to withdraw cash at an ATM on a credit card that is already at it's limit?

doubt it very much,sometimes they'll allow it but you'll be charged an over the limit fee as well,try not too do it,your only digging a deeper hole for yourself

It is literally only for a couple of weeks though. I'm moving and need stuff for the new house. Then as soon as I get the deposit from my old place back I'll clear the amount that's overdrawn

Still a bad idea. No guarantee that you will get your full deposit back until you have it in your hand.

Take it from someone who's been there and done that - it's not worth getting into debt for.

There isn't actually anything you can't live without for a couple of weeks. If you have a roof over your head and a cushion and a blanket to use at night while sleeping you can manage - getting into debt to buy a fridge or whatever isn't a good idea. Depending on what it is you do need - have you tried jumbletown and freecycle and all those places already?

If you really must, try contacting them to increase your limit - if you have no late payments and are clearing at least the minimum every month, they might consider a small increase. I wouldn't normally recommend increasing credit card limits but it's probably better than the charges and bad reputation that unauthorised credit could lead to .

Definatley going to take your advice! Cheers for that