Overdevelopment in Coolanney, Co. Sligo?

ndp

Anyone know anything about Coolanney, Co. Sligo? It looks very nice, but also that it could be on its way to being overdeveloped, putting a strain on its infrastructure.

Any opinions welcome.

It's in the sticks, I wouldn't think there is much to do there! If your looking at buying I think Ballisodare would be a better option. I know there is a lot of houses going up there but you are very accessable to Sligo - 5 miles on duel carriageway.

If you are moving to the Sligo area, try Strandhill or Rossses Point if you can afford these areas. If not, Ballisodare is not bad. If I were to live in the Sligo area I would definitely prefer the above-mentioned to the town itself. It's a good area to live in; I have friends living in the Sligo area and they love it.

If you are looking for really cheap property that is a commute from Sligo, try Boyle, about 20 minutes down the road. Lots of developers stuck with dozens of unsold properties, reputed to be agreeing to substantial discounts on listed prices just for casdh flow. Not a bad town, if a bit parochial, but certainly very cheap. Carrick-on-shannon, a few miles further on, is a lot more expensive.

Thanks for the comments. The only thing I find about Ballysodare is that there is not much to it and the layout of the town isn't the most attractive. Still though, it is worth a second look.

I Just moved to Coolaney and love it.
Nice if you like the quiet life. There is a fair bit of development but the current residential developement is coming to an end. The Rural Renewal scheme in now over and so any new houses would not be able to offer the TAX incentive. The roads to Coolaney have some bad patches and are in need of work but I believe this is in the pipeline.
There is a development Plan for Coolaney on [broken link removed]
so you can see the way Coolaney will develop.

Hi
I live in Ballisodare and love it. The village has everything you need, chemist, doctors, supermarket, post office, pass machine etc.

The new town centre development which runs parallel to the main street will have a large supermarket, bakery, off licence and swimming pool/gym and is selling out quite quickly.

Many of my school friends have bought in Coolaney. The house prices are definately cheaper than Ballisodare but you do have to factor in the further distance from Sligo town. The road is poor and bloody creepy at night too! Childcare is in short supply in Coolaney too - don't know if this is a factor for you.

I'll be putting my 3 bed semi D on the market shortly. If your interested I'll give ya a good price;)

Thanks again for the comments. That development in Ballysodare sounds interesting.

Thanks again for the comments. That development in Ballysodare sounds interesting.

I know the development at Coolany pretty well, I have friends that have moved out there - on the up side - there are more shops opening, the pubs are pretty good and there are plenty of "townies" moving out because of the rural relief thing that you get so its picking up. The down side is that its pretty remote and takes a bit of time to get in town, thats if you care about getting into time, I am a bit Sligo Town centric so it would matter to me. I did here that they are planning a new road - that is something that you need to check.

My only issue with Collooney and Ballisadare is that there are a lot of wee scumbags loving there who think that they have to "be as hard" as the boys from town.

Back