Ovens, is Brandt a good brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bi55y

Buying a new oven (yay!) and want to get the best one possible within my budget, c€500. Discount Electrical have shown me one which the guy says is excellent value, a Brandt. Does anyone have any experience with this make? He assured me it is v popular in France, but I haven;'t seen any others in any other shops. Thinking maybe good to go with what is popular, ie Neff. But the Neff at this price is the lowest model, with no fancy functions, eg self cleaning, pizza mode etc. But are these just gimmicks anyway? I've read all the other posts and would appreciate any advice. Ta.

Can't comment on Brandt, never having heard of it.

As for features, manufacturers have a habit of pilling them on in an effort to differentiate themselves. Most are completely useless (pizza mode sounds like it's well up there).

The only one I'd consider actually useful is self-cleaning. This can work very well.

The only other advice I'd have is do what you're doing: ask around.

Thanks for that. I went to this shop in Finglas that sells appliances which have dents and scratches in them, they're well discounted. The salesman assured me that they work just as well, and that they still come with full warranty. I'm thinking of buying a Neff. Would apppreciate any comments on this brand, and also the fact that it has obviously taken a knock, one of the back corners is crushed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back