Outside Aerial

Roc

Hi

At the moment we just have RTE1, RTE2 and on a good day we can get a very snowy TV3. Obviously we don't have NTL, Chorus or SKY :). We don't watch a huge amount of TV so I don't really feel like paying 20 Euros each month forever so I was thinking of getting an outside aerial.

Does anyone have any recommendations on aerials and installers and any idea on what I should expect to pay (I just want RTE1&2, TV3, Tng and anything else is a bonus). Many thanks

Can you tell us your location? If you can get RTE1 and 2 then you should be able to get TV3 and TG with out too much trouble. Chances are they are transmitted from the same mast and at the same power, but a local installer would have much better knowledge. For the expense of getting an outside aerial a satellite dish might be a better option. You can get a dish and box from the likes of Maplin [broken link removed] for about €130 (DIY install) and it will give you all the BBCs (7?), ITVs (4?) and a load of other channels most of which are not much good.

Towger

Edit: You can also buy the aerials and dishs from ElectroPlus . They are basicly trade, but have no problem selling to joe public.

Back