Outlook won't send messages

mmclo

Messages are remaining in outbox and no it's not that standard problem where you go in and press send in the message as the help tells you (when I do this they do flicker and change from italics but do not budge)

Any other reasons this might be happening and how to address it??

MMCL

Did it ever work?
If so what changed since then?
Any error messages?
Is your normal internet access working?

You've probably sorted this by now but most problems with newly configured mail clients is the outgoing mail server setting.

Go to Tools/E-mail accounts/View or change existing e-mail account.

Go into the appropriate e-mail account and check your outgoing mail server (SMTP), this needs to be configured for your internet service provider e.g. for BTireland it's mail.iol.ie

Did it ever work?
If so what changed since then?
Any error messages?
Is your normal internet access working?

I did haver to re-install office but the problem did not come straight after this, as it happens I haven't actually sorted it but can survie on web mail. I have tried the mail settigns in accounts but to no avail

error message is recepients rejected by server, 553 that domain name isn't in my rcpt hosts (hash 5.7.1) SMPT server, error no. 0x800ccc79

etc. etc. unfortunately can't copy it

I had the same problem when I set up my oceanfree email on Outlook. Try contacting your email provider's help/support to check that you have everything set up correctly

If you're still having the problem, go in to Tools - Accounts - Mail - Properties - Servers and list what is is on your screen there (outgoing mail and whatever other boxes are ticked). You might also state who your service provider is.