outlook problem

minkydog

Hi When I try to send an e mail I get the following e mail back form the system administrator

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: feb tax return
Sent: 11/03/2009 16:06
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
'bcoriano@osceola.org' on 11/03/2009 16:06
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
'kevinandannesayers@yahoo.com' on 11/03/2009 16:06
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

this is happening more and more often to e mail addresses I have used before and new ones. there is no common link between the e mail addresses. If is wrecking my head. It is on my home laptop that this is happening and it is not part of any network. any help would be really appreciated as I am not great with computers but can follow instructions if given to fix it. the maeeage is always the same and I am totally confused. I did have spam fighter on my machine but I uninstalled it thinking that was the cause but no joy. As I read it it seems there is a list somewhere that I have created giving e mail addressed I am allowed to send them to - but I could be completly wrong as I said I am not great about computers I just know the basics
Thanks in advance

Did you recently change internet service providers? The "not on my list of allowed..." message usually appears when you've got an email address with one provider but are using another provider to connect to the internet.

For example, if you use an eircom.net email address, but connect to the internet with bt broadband, you have to send emails via bt, not via eircom.net

If this is the case, you will have to re-set your outgoing mail server in the mail settings in outlook.

(I use outlook express, so don't have the exact instructions for outlook, sorry)

yes we have have changed from eircom to 3 so that would be the problem - At last I feel I am getting somewhere. now does anyone know what settings I should enter as my outgoing mail server in outlook. I can get into the area to do this but I don't know what to type into the box

Have been on to three but have to wait for reply which could take ages. I can't send any e mails now if anyone out there knows the three server address i would really appreciate it

This [broken link removed] should help. Lists server as mail-relay.3ireland.ie

Thank you , seems to be working now. It also solved another problem I was having as I could not e mail hotmail accounts and now i can. You have saved me a lot of hassel

Back