outlook express,not able to connect

nad

Hi have been trying to connect to outlook express, but keep getting an unable to connect message,my a/c is eircom.net but my b/b is bt,has been working find up until now any suggestions would help.

Eircom are updating their email settings and it's affecting you now. It seems to be a phased process. I haven't been hit yet but a friend was last week. He rang Broadband Support and got it sorted.

[broken link removed]

Contact Broadband Support Line @ 1890 260 260 and they'll help you input the new settings.

Hi have been trying to connect to outlook express, but keep getting an unable to connect message,my a/c is eircom.net but my b/b is bt,has been working find up until now any suggestions would help.

If you have an eircom email account but use a non eircom ISP for your broadband connection then you cant use the eircom email mail server i.e. mail1.eircom.net as your outgoing server (smtp), this is to stop eircoms mail servers from being used by spammers.

You can use the eircom mail server as your incoming mail server but should change your outgoing mail server to your ISPs for instance if you use perlico you would change your outgoing server to mail.perlico.ie

I use BT ( with an Eircom landline ) so you need to do the following:

Start... run..enter inetwiz .. connect using my local area network.....use automatic configuration .. enter your username@btbb..... set up internet mail account...mail account is mail.iol.ie.......enter your email address ........incoming mail server is mail.iol.ie ........outgoing mail server is mail2.iol.ie........your account name should be ?????@btbb.com ( your user name )