Outlook 97 problem

stuart

Having a problem with Outlook

Cannot send or receive emails
It starts up OK but then when I try to send/receive I get his warning

"Microsfot Windos(TM) Messaging Subsystem Spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

I have tried clsing computer and restarting but it keeps happeneing whenever I hit F5 or Ctrl+M

I'll try microsoft website but any suggestions would be appreciated

stuart not @ buyingtolet.ie

I managed to get it going again see last thread

Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express? What version of Outlook/Outlook Express, Windows, Internet Explorer? Did it work before? If so what changed in the meantime? Or is this the first time that you tried this?

Outlook 97 (not express, I use express for other email accounts)
Windows XP
IE v6

It has been working for months
I went onto microsoft website and it seemed that there was a file "stuck" in the outbox which was casuing the problem

I checked the Outbox and there was a message that had not been sent and could not be deleted

Their recommendation was to set up a new personal folder, copy all details except the outbox fodler into it and delete the old one

Their help section did not include an Outlook 97 section, so I done what was closest

I exported the personal folder(s) as a backup to my desktop
I then deleted the original folder, imported the backup and created a new personal folder (which looked, thankfully, the same as how it did previous) and it contained the same message in the outbox
I then deleted it and thought everything should work fine
Unfortunately, not yet

I can now send and receive emails for about the first 30 seconds outlook is opened for and then I get the original problem message
From then on I can use outlook but to send or receive I have to close and re-open it

Thanks for the response Clubman, if you have nay other suggestions it would be great

The only soloution I can see now would be to uninstall outlook, install it and use back up to recreate personal folder
But I cannot find the outlook install CD, so might have to hold off on that idea for the time being

stuart almost @buyingtolet.ie

Panic over

I deleted the account through Mail settings in Control Panel

Then set up new account in mail settings

Then imoprted from back-up on desktop

Reset the account settings in Outlook, rebooted and all is well

Apologies to anyone who comes across this thread
once again stuart@buyingtolet.ie

Back