Outdoor rubbish bin - where to buy?

stresshead

I'm looking for an outdoor rubbish bin as my local collection is by refuse sack - however the cats just love to rip the bin apart every chance they get! I really need a bin with a lid that's big enough to fit a whole refuse sack into.

I'm in North Wicklow.

You mean a wheelie bin? I've got 2 x Kildare CoCo one's if you like, I've rang repeatedly for them to collect them and they haven't. You could try any of the big DIY shops for those old style ones, but the probably don't have much demand anymore. Check out the neighbours bins and ask where they got them.

I don't really want something as big as a wheelie bin but thanks for the offer! I will just keep looking around the hardware stores and hopefully come across an old-style bin eventually!

I presume you mean something like ? I presume that most DIY/hardware stores stock them or can order them in for you. I got one a while back but can't remember where. Possibly some DIY/hardware/knick-knack shop in the Blanch centre. I use it for the same purposes as you - to keep bin bags away from cats etc. before they are ready to put out for collection.

Woodies on the Southern Cross Road in Bray stock the old style bins in Plastic and galvanised steel.

That's great, I'll pop into Woodies on the way home! I looked there before and didn't spot any but I'll ask one of the staff tonight, I tend to wander around there like a lost soul trying to find someone in a green t-shirt to help me!

Just to let you know that they have a few different types of bins in woodies and I got one last night - they're in the outdoor gardening section (previously unchartered territory for me), thanks for all your help guys!