Outdoor Jacuzzis

T

trag

Hi
Has anyone purchased and installed an outdoors jacuzzi in Ireland recently?
We are looking at doing it and having it built into our decking out the back of our house.
Wondering if it would be cheaper importing one from Spain or Portugal as there is more competition down there.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a reputable Irish supplier?
Cork area would be preffered.

Cheers

Trag

Hi - we got our hot tub last year in argos for €3,000. We got it built in to the decking. Best item we ever bought.

'tis far from Jacuzzis most of us were reared . . .

Sorry, just had to say it.

z

You might try Arctic Spas, North Point Business Park(near blackpool) in cork.

If you dont like the hot tubs they have some great pool tables

- we got our hot tub last year in argos for €3,000.

Have you found an increase in your electricity bill? - are they expensive to run?

Thanks for replies

Tis a long way from the upbringing - cant argue wit that at all!

Life is far from hard when one has that as a concern.... however, appreciate the input and if anyone has any experience with these things would love to hear it as these are new times and experience is limited in the country with such matters.

Thanks again

trag

Dont go to artic spa - they are way overpriced.
It adds around another €5 on to your esb bill a week.
We emptied ours 2 weeks ago. We'll get it set up again for Xmas.
Night time is the best time to be in it, when it's freezing cold outside, looking up at the stars with a drink in your hand.......
That said, the colder it is outsie, the more of a shock you get when you get out!

Hi - we got our hot tub last year in argos for €3,000. We got it built in to the decking. Best item we ever bought.

Hi Purplealien.
Who did you get to fit the hot tub for you? I presume you needed a plumber and leccy?
Was it in the argos catalogue?
The prices some of the companies in cork that provide them are huge..starting at €8k...!
Thanks

first of all you gets what you pay for,bought mine afew years ago payed about 8k then,used ocallaghan ,not sure if it was wilton or douglas,any we love it,it holds all 5 of us very comfortably,will hold 6-8 adults,point is with that many bodies you want something that will maintain the heat nothing worse getting in and water going cold 10 mins later like a bathtub.
you need a concrete base to sit it on you also need an electrican to wire (this is heavy duty)then you need to check your water on a regular bases,like a swimming pool,you need to cloranate and keep a ph balance,dont worry you get a kit with the tub and i found o'callaghans very helpful but i dont know if hes the cheapest but i'm sure hed be open to offers,get uout there see whats available,good luck
yob

Hi Yob.
Is it just an electrician then or did o'callaghans fit it for you? Did you get decking also? If so, did you have to give dimensions to the decking guys?
Sorry bout all the questions..

you need an electrician to fit a heavy duty wire from your fuse board like a cooker wire!! then o'callaghan connected that to the hot tub,did the decking myself afterwards,elec' charged me about 150 euro

I'm thinking of getting one of these as well. Are there any downsides to them? Apart from extra electricity. Is the water easy to drain and can it be used in the garden then because I would hate to waste it. Would you reccomend getting one outdoors or in say a converted garage? What about one that has a roof build over it?

Another thing to watch out for is , if the water in your locality is hard it can cos havoc in the tub. My cousion who lives in Wexford has one and as the water is very hard he constantly has a problem with the flakes of lime scale . Essentially its like a huge kettle and when heat is applied you get the lime scale problem. Has tried to use tabs to descale it but you have to be careful as to what you use , as you will be immersed in it !

Just something to bear in mnd, as he never thought of it until it happened.

Yours
secman

its quite expensive to heat the water anitially,but then pennies to keep it warm,we only use it in the winter,and change it 3-4 times a year,
down side you need to keep an eye on the water and test it regulary,every few days a pain in the rear,you keep it clorinated all the time using tabs but they leave a resadue which can stain and or damage the coating on the tub so be careful where you put them i usually put mine on top of filter as you can take this out to clean and eventually replace,outside is better

Hi Lads.
Do ye reckon hot tub as part of a decked garden will add much or any value to house?
Regards,
sburs