Oughterany Village - Kilcock - info needed

D

dub214

Hi Everyone,
I am seriously considering buying a 3-bed house in Oughterany Village - Kilcock.
I have 2 small kids, so I am concerned with safety in the area.
Are there any places within walking distance from the estate, where my wife could go with the children (eg. an open playground)
Anyone knows about the quality of the schools in the area?
I have searched the forum for information and there is very little on Kilcock and nothing on that new estate - hence my post.
I know there are some people already living in that estate, and I would really appreciate any comments from them.

Kind Regards

Dub214,

About 10mins walks from that estate is a area called the Bawn Og. It has a kids playground which is only 20months old and is well maintianed. Also here is a running track.

As for schools their is 4 schools in the town. One secondary, 2 primary and an primary Irish school which only recently moved into a new facility up at the Bawn Og.

I have lived in Kilcock for three years and their is plently of activities for kids. these include running, basketball, football, camoige and others so they wont be short of anything to do assuming they are not that young.

Hi buzzard,
Thanks for your reply.
My kids are 1,5 and 3,5 so the playground will be very important for me and my wife in particular, as she is the one staying at home with the kids.

How about safety - are there any aggressive teenagers arround the train station/ any cars being set on fire or broken into/ any areas my wife should avoid while out with the kids ?

Thanks again

Like any other town in Ireland, you will alwayshave teenagers hanging around, but they are OK. Cars are secure around the town as their is always a Garda hanging around particular on Tuesday's when the court sits.

I havent heard of any cars been broken into or vandalised around the town. It's a small and all the locals know what's going on and I havent heard anything that would worry me.

The playground is ideal for you family and your wife wouldn't have any hassle there.

hey guys!
The houses from this estate were up for sale until last week. Does anyone know what happend? They not advertised anymore. Thought that maybe the EA is changed. Her website seems to be removed. They were sold by Fiona Heslin

Back