Other Balearic islands and access.

SoylentGreen

Is it easy to get from Majorca to Menorca by ferry and from Ibiza to Formentera by ferry? Has anyone visited these smaller islands and how was the experience? Just planning for next year.

I remember being in Ibiza years ago and there was a ferry trip from there to Formentera but I can't recall how long the crossing took.

Thanks for the link. It appears to only have a ferry crossing from Alcudia to Ciutadella though.
Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly from Dublin to Ibiza and Palma. Is there any other airline that flies direct from Dublin to the smaller islands?

Yeah not sure why that website doesn't really work .. it seems to show Formentera on their route map, but then doesn't actually offer any times

https://www.balearia.com looks a better bet for interisland ferries actually

No airport on Formentera so Ibiza is as close as you'll get by air.

I've always been shocked at high price of ferries from mainland Spain to the islands -and more so by the high cost between the islands. The normal return from Majorca to Ibiza or to Menorca was touching 80 euros. (One can fly at about 50% more).

Ibiza to Formentera is different -just a few miles and about 20 euros return. (Some people like F'era. I think it is a flat boring sand-spit, but then I like scenery and few pretty villages).

i reckon if you do all four islands it'll cost about €200.

Old Nick. Any particular locations that you would recommend on the less well known islands?

I've always been shocked at high price of ferries from mainland Spain to the islands -and more so by the high cost between the islands. The normal return from Majorca to Ibiza or to Menorca was touching 80 euros. (One can fly at about 50% more).

Steep indeed - I wonder if like the canaries transport to/from the "mainland" is subsidised for island residents ?

Back