Orlando with Aer Lingus: In flight entertainment.

peelabee

Hi all,

I am travelling to Orlando with Aer Lingus on Sat and I was wondering if they have seat back entertainment for the kids or are they still on the drop down screens every few rows?

Thanks if anyone knows.

peelabee

I think it just depends on the plane you get. Last time I went to the states 2 yrs ago we had the screens on backs of seats but every other time it was just the drop down screens.

Aer Lingus have updated all of their Transatlantic Fleet
Economy Class

We are happy to announce that we have installed the latest on-demand in-flight entertainment system to our Economy Class cabins on flights to/from the USA. This new system puts you in control of your own personal monitor, allowing you to play, pause, rewind or fast-forward a wide range of blockbuster films, TV programmes and music videos. You can also choose to play an interactive game from the large selection on board or compete against another passenger on your flight.
As part of the in-flight entertainment experience you can also avail of:

• Complimentary headsets
  • Cara magazines
  • Inseat power points, located under your seat cushion on all aircraft with on-demand entertainment (1 power point between every two seats).

It's stretching it a bit to consider Cara magazine as entertainment - it's a great place to read ads for shanahans restaurant and to check out ads for buying irish wolfhound pups etc but not exactly entertaining.

There was one A330 from 1996 that still had the drop down screens, I believe this has moved on to greener pastures, the current A330 entertainment is very good.

I hate those seat back touch screens. There always seems to be some dumb behind me who think you have to thump the screen. I was going to kill the guy behind me last time.

They should be banned.

Back