Ordertime for Broadband with Eircom/BT/IrishBroadband? Are we talking days or months?

legend99

Anyone know what the time lag is for installation of broadband if one orders with Eircom/BT or IrishBroadband? Are we talking days or months for install?

Re: Order time for Broadband

Legend99,

I recently ordered Eircom BB. IIRC, I ordered online on a Sunday and postman attempted to deliver the router the following Thursday. However, we ended up having to go to the sorting office the following Tuesday to pick it up. I installed it myself (took about 10 minutes) and was up an running straight away. Didn't have to ring Eircom to get anything switched over etc., by the time I installed it, they had changed over whatever needed changing.

Hope this helps.

Wow thats fast!!! They normally say wait 3 weeks and then it all is supposed to go smooth but never does.
Took me 5 weeks to get online but well worth the wait for Imagine BB. Lots of mishaps but i think their CService is excellent.

You'd hardly need to ring up Eircom to get switched if it is Eircom BB you're applying for, anyway your right cause i didn't have to switch over the phone, but thats what the €50 is for: the ''connection fee''. They do it for you but not before generously filling their pockets. But as i said ^^ well worth the wait.

Yeah, for once I was pleasantly surprised. No hitches (yet).

I went for the BT package includes line rental, always on BB and landline calls up to 60 mins for €45 a month. Was set up in about a week but the one problem I did have was the password the slaes people gave as it differed from the one the technicians had set so watch out for that. Am very pleased with the sevice and I got chocs in the post from them yesterday for a slight error in my last bill.

^_^

come here, if I order with BT and just go the wired route it says I have the 'use of a modem'. Does this mean that you actually don't own the wired modem you get from them despite paying €45 for it????

I paid a one off fee for the modem so it's mine. cannot remember how much. I would need to dig out the bill.

come here, if I order with BT and just go the wired route it says I have the 'use of a modem'. Does this mean that you actually don't own the wired modem you get from them despite paying €45 for it????

If u pay 45 for just the modem then that sounds like you own it. But i dont know if u mean that's the price including the ''BB package''. I bought a modem from Imagine for €35 one off payment. But i then went out to buy another to allow up to 4 pc to share the BB & it cost €110 but was worth it, it runs cold where the ZyXel from imagine runs lava hot...