Optilase Eye Clinic

Reive

I just saw a for this Eye Clinic in Dublin. They are offering a free consultation and it's 995 euro per eye.
I looked into laser treatment before and it was 2000 per eye and the consultation fee was at least 100euro.
Has anyone gone there? or had the surgery somewhere else?
It seems like a great price especially as you can claim a % back.

Hi,

I havent gone to that clinic myself but had the surgery in July in Blackrock Clinic and have to say its the best thing ive ever done, completely painless and personally i have had no side effects, bit of dry eye for the first few weeks but drops soon sorted that out.

Suppose I will have to wait and see what the long term effects will be ......hopefully I wont go blind in 20 years time!!!

What kind of eyesight did you have tml? I'm long-sighted, most people who have the surgery seem to be short-sighted.

Like tml i had the surgery too in the Blackrock clinic, had mine in May. Have heard of places offering cheaper surgery but I opted for a personal recommendation - my opinion is with your eyes you can't be too careful. Was shortsighted before and now 20/20. Best money ever spent.

yes im short sighted (or i was!) any of my friends who have had it done are also short sighted so cant really give you any feedback with regards to long sightedness