Optical mouse randomly jumping around screen?

ClubMan

If so try a new mouse mat with a solid colour rather than a logo etc. as they seem to be sensitive to certain types of surface (e.g. shiny, pixellated, logos etc.) as I have just discovered with my new Dell! Oh - and when ordering Dell PCs save yourself €5 by omitting the really cheap and nasty mouse mat that Dell offer and get one elsewhere. :\

Save yourself 15% on Dell PC's as well by cancelling the order via phone and hey presto 15% off. Well it worked for me and at least one other AAM'er!?

Really? You cancel the (online?) order by phone, they still deliver and only charge 85% of the original price? How so...?! :\

I was in the market for a PC, saw a note here about cancelling the order, I stuck my neck cos mr. Dell needed a few bob and placed an order, got loads of emails telling me all about it, including the order watch, two days later I cancelled it, the courier had it in his van at the time. The chap on the phone told me if I accepted the order he would knock 15% off the price, I accepted got my CC credited for 15% and had my PC within 4 hours!

I suspect the cost of keeping that inventory in their outlet store is more than the 15% they gave off, had I cancelled it. I checked the outlet store a few times and the machines there werenot the spec I wanted, so my machine spec may not have shifted for some time if it was sent there.

Another penny to Mr Dells' 17B fortune........

Speaking of things really cheap and nasty can you figure out how to price / order Dell PCs on their web site excluding monitor or other display device ?

EDog, brother wanted to do this, however he wasn't very patient and decided to go to Elara where he got a higher spec'd machine, to this day I still haven't sussed it. A call to them might help....

[broken link removed] (scroll down to end) also do system units only in case that's of any use.

My mouse jumps around the screen so I'm getting a new one. What is the difference between an Optical Combi Mouse and a Laser Combi Mouse?