Opinions on these south Dublin city hotels?

Protocol

I will be staying in Dublin on a Thursday night soon, to go to an event in the Hilton hotel, Charlemont Place.

Has anybody any opinions on the following hotels to stay in?

Harcourt hotel, €69 per night
Jackson Court hotel, €65 pn BB

Both of the above are on Harcourt street. I am a bit concerned about noise, as they both seem to contain nightclubs. I saw lots of noise complaints on

Also, the Portobello hotel on South Richmond street? It's €65 BB.

yeah all hotels mentioned there will be very noisy on thursday night, the hilton looks like a nice hotel though

Never stayed in either ... and really I dont' think I want to .. the bars and nightclubs in them are bad enough ... who knows what the rooms are like.

If you don't want to stay in the Hilton then maybe it might be worth looking at B&Bs in the Ballsbridge/Donnybrook area - which is really very close to where the Hilton is - very short taxi or a walk ... they'd be in the same price range as the Harcourt Street Hotels, most probalby are nicer and wouldn't have a nightclub attached ! .. .No specific recommendations - but I'm sure there's info on Tripadvisor.

If you are going to an event int eh Hilton, chances are u will be out late and therefore not spending too long in your hotel so really you should just pick the most convenient to you.

Thanks for the advice.

I am due into the Hilton at 8:30am on Friday morning.

The Hilton is 171 euro for a room, too much for me.

What about the Travelodge on the Rathmines road or the Days hotel in Rathmines?

You could try the Camden Court Hotel or O'Callaghan's Stephens Green Hotel, both within walking distance of the Hilton, cheaper than the Hilton though probably more expensieve than the Harcourt Hotel!

Sorry, don't know anything about the Rathmines hotels.