Opinions on basic house specification?

sman

Hi. I am just about to start designing a house. (Approx 2750 sq ft) and have really started to think about all the decisions I have to make before commencing. I’m meeting the architect later this week to discuss my preferences for features and design. From reading countless posts on here and studying several magazines and websites, in addition to initial discussions with the architect, I have more or less decided on going for timber frame with block walls on interior and exterior with above average insulation to keep my heating bill to a minimum. I am also going to go for an airtight structure with heat recovery ventilation. A wood pellet burner with underfloor heating downstairs and rads upstairs with a mixer system to regulate the water temperature. Also probably will go for a pellet stove in open plan living area. I am also considering a pressurised water system for showers etc. as I will have 3 possibly 4 showers in the house. I think that just about covers all the major basic specification decisions I have to make. Does anyone think this is a good spec to go for? Or am I missing something? Just interested to hear some opinions on it. Thanks. Also when it comes to the insulation, what is the best type to use?

Hi, you said you were putting in 4 or 4 showers, make sure you have enough water tanks to support this kind of undertaking, if they are power showers you will drain the tanks in minutes espesically if all showers are going at the same time,there is a limit to the amount of electric showers you can have on your fuse board, if its gravity fed showers make sure you have great head height otherwise the pressure will be greatly decreased, and you know women, if the hair is not washed properly they through a wobbler.hope this helps,let me know how you get on.

Kindest Regards

Dr Kevin

Laundry chute or dumb waiter? (I'm going with the latter) goes from utility to inside the hot press, but layout's got to be right at design stage...