Opinion: WPB with integral heat store or WPB with separate buffer

apple1

Folks,
trying to make a decision between the plethora of wood pellet boilers out there & hopefully narrowing it down to just a few now. One thing I am interested in hearing about is opinions about the virtues of a wpb with an integral heat store versus a wpb with a separate buffer tank. For info, i have UFH installed. Thanks in advance, apple1

Any integated heat store in a wpb would have a max capacity of 100 ltrs. Depending on your sq ft you need to consider getting the hot water/heat store properly sized. Look up heatweb.com for info.

Thanks David. The option I'm considering has an integral store of 205 litres.

205 litres may be enough depending on your hot water needs. I have a 500 litre tank in a pressurised system.
When I have house guests and there is a lot of showering and bathing I need every drop of the 500 litres. But the pressurised system does mean that we use a lot of water and have great power in the showers.

Thanks Badge. I probably haven't explained the system fully. I plan on installing a 300litre dual coil cylinder in a presurrised system. The integral heat store in the boiler isn't solely intended to serve the household's DHW needs but rather to act as a reserve store or to mimic the functionality of an intermediate buffer between the boiler & the 'main' cylinder(i.e. to reduce cycling of the boiler on/off) . Given this situation then, what are the pro's cons of this type of wpb versus one which has no integral store but has modulation capability and/or is used in tandem with a separate buffer tank between it & the cyclinder. Thanks in advance, apple1