Opinion on price for hot cylinder and cold watern cistern replacement

pbyrne

Hi,

I am trying to figure out whether I am getting a good price for the following work:

- removal of existing and installation of a new hot water cylinder in the hot press. The new tank will be 60 gallons - anybody know what height that should be, I am trying to figure out whether it is bigger than the one I have at the moment.

- removal of existing and installation of a new cold water storage tank in the attic, little bit of piping also required to fixup a problem with the overflow on the heating expansion tank. New ballcock also being put in at the same time

The price is €1350 to include all parts and labour. From what I can see the cylinders are less than €500 and the plastic cold tank is less than €200. So labour is €650 which feels steep - although this is for 2 people who should have it done in 1 day.

Any opinions welcome

Hi,
A single coil insulated cylinder, (30 gallon, 18" x 30") is approx e145,
I assume they'll supply and fit a new immersion, e40,
60 gallon tanks are standard so it should be similar in size to exsiting tank, cost approx e60,
Tank connecters, ball cock, pipe, cylinder connections approx e100'
These materials will have between 10 to 25 precent mark up(to cover transportation cost, pick up etc)
You can expect to pay a decent plumber upwards from e250 a day depending on location and availibilty.
And don't forget the VAT.
You do the math, hope it helps!

Back